Play for huge progressive jackpots in excess of CAD$8,000,000 here at Jackpot City.CA$1,600 Bonus
The list below represents the top gambling sites for all Canadians we feature here at British Columbia Online Casinos. Each and every one of these brands is licensed and regulated, offers CAD play and pay, several payment options, great bonuses and is highly reputed.
We've assembled this frequently asked questions section to help guide Canadian players by providing up to date information about online casinos and gambling in Canada. Our goal with this section is to provide new players with key information into the world of Canadian online casino gambling.
Canadians generally gamble in the real cash mode at online casinos that are licensed in jurisdictions that operate from outside of Canadian borders and these casinos are generally controlled by foreign operators. There are currently no Canadian laws that prohibit Canadians from being able to play at these sites. You can deposit & withdraw and play in the real money mode without fear of being prosecuted.
Some of the best Canadian online casinos tend to be licensed in Malta, by the Malta Gaming Authority. They are also likely to be licensed in the United Kingdom, by the UK Gambling Commission or in Gibraltar, by the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority. Many Canadian online casinos are also licensed in Alderney, by the Gambling Commission, in Kahnawake, by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, in Antigua and Barbuda, by the Directorate of Offshore Gaming or in Curaçao, by the Curaçao Internet Gaming Association.
All of our featured online casinos are perfectly secure. Each casino is protected by the very latest 128 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. You don’t really need to know what this means, all you need to know is that your personal details and your finds are always in safe hands when playing at any of our most highly recommended Canadian online casinos.
Whenever you contact the customer support via the Live Chat instant messaging feature, the SSL technology is also working hard to make sure that no third party can listen in or steal any of your details. The other great thing about these casinos is that they will never share your details when any third party organisations.
Just like you would trust making a transaction with any other reputable online merchant and just like you would trust your own personal online banking services, our top-rated Canadian online casinos all offer the same levels of security. However, just remember never to save your online casino login details if you are using a shared computer.
Making a deposit at an online casino is relatively straight forward. The best thing to do before you attempt to deposit for the first time though would be to choose a suitable method. Some of you might prefer to use a credit or debit card, while others might prefer using a prepaid card such as Ukash, or an e-wallet like Skrill or NETELLER.
Once you have found a suitable deposit method, head to the cashier (at the casino) and then click on the appropriate logo of your chosen method. All that you need to do then is follow the simple onscreen instructions which should pop on the screen for you. If you are using a credit card, a debit card or e-wallet, as soon as you have entered the required financial information once, that information will then be stored at the casino which makes future deposits smoother and faster. Most deposits are generally processed in a matter of seconds.
Making a withdrawal is just as easy as making a deposit, if not easier. The process is basically the same, but in reverse. Depending on exactly which method you are using for making a withdrawal though will determine exactly what you have to do. For example, some of you may have deposited with a credit card and if so, you can generally withdraw to the same card in just a few clicks because the details have already been stored.
If you deposited with a prepaid card (for example Ukash or paysafecard), you would need to find some alternative withdrawal method because the prepaid card option only allows you to make deposits. All you need to do is follow the simple instructions that appear on the screen for you when you do find a suitable withdrawal method. A withdrawal can take anywhere from just a couple of hours up to usually no more than two days.
Online casino bonuses are definitely worth taking advantage of, but what many players fail to realise is that a player has to complete X amount of wagering requirements before they can get their hands on their winnings. You couldn’t simply withdraw your bonus cash as soon as it appears in your account. You generally have to wager somewhere between 10x and 50x times the bonus amount.
In other words, the lower the wagering requirements, the better the deal is for you, so always look for online casino bonuses with LOW WAGERING REQUIREMENTS. At the end of the day, you don’t have to accept a bonus, it’s up to you. The best thing to do though before you accept a casino bonus would be to read through the bonus T’s & C’s. This will explain everything you need to know about the bonus. You can then choose to accept or decline the bonus offer.
Apart from the obvious differences between online casino games and offline casino games, such as physically being able to watch the action unfold in person compared to being sat at a desk and only being able to watch the action unfold via a computer screen, there are very few other differences.
The closest you can get to the real thing when playing online is to play in a live dealer casino and all three of our favourite online casinos software providers (Playtech, Microgaming and NetEnt) have developed Live Dealer Casino platforms. In fact, even the latest virtual casino games come with incredibly realistic graphics, stunning animated sequences & cutting edge sound effects and these ingredients often combine to make you feel as though you are actually playing in a real casino.
Unfortunately players cannot physically touch their chips or hold onto their cards when playing online, but apart from these obvious differences there are very few other differences between online casino games and offline casino games.
Featured in this list are the most recent online casino news items featured on British Columbia Online Casinos. News is updated on this website at minimum once a week so please be sure to come back and visit every so often for the latest Canadian online casino news.
If you’re a fan of horror-themed online slots, or more specifically, werewolf-themed online slots, then you may want to check out the new Wolf’s Night online slot from NetEnt, which is scheduled for release on Thursday 24th October. The Wolf’s Night online slot has 5 reels and ...
The Wild Chase online slot recently had a makeover, and this exciting new version is coming soon to several top British Columbian online casinos such as Casino.com and 888 Casino. The new Wild Chase: Tokyo Go online slot from Quickspin is scheduled to arrive in casinos on Tuesday 8th ...
Today is Table Tuesday at 888 Casino, so if you’re a fan of table games such as European Roulette or Multihand Blackjack Side Bets, then you need to head over to this top British Columbian accepting online casino today, before it’s too late. Let’s take a quick ...
YGS (Yggdrasil Game Server) Masters is an invite-only, semi-open platform that enables Yggdrasil (a multi-industry-award winning online casino software provider) to deliver content from some of the world’s leading independent game studios. Rabcat Gambling became a part of YGS Masters back in March 2019, and the first-ever title from ...
For players in Canada interested in playing real money games of chance the provinces of British Columbia and Ontario in recent years introduced provincially licensed and regulated options. The main question Canadian players ask however is whether provincially licensed online casinos such as those in these provinces are better than long operating licensed and regulated offshore gambling sites. The below comparison attempts to put things into perspective by breaking down and providing information on both options.
British Columbia and Ontario Lottery & Gaming Corporation Online Casinos
In 2004 the British Columbia Lottery and Gaming Corporation (BCLC) launched PlayNow.com a fully licensed online gambling service offering casino, poker, bingo, lottery and sports betting. In the early years there were minor hiccups and security issues which have since been resolved leaving PlayNow.com a robust, secure and leading online gambling site for Canadian players. As of January 23, 2013 PlayNow.com provides service to residence of Manitoba as well as British Columbia. In addition to these two provinces Ontario through the Ontario Lottery & Gaming Corporation (OLGC) is a leader in the online gaming space ever since their launch of PlayOLG.ca offering Ontario residence similar type service however limited to lottery & instants and casino type games. The below pros and cons explore both the upside and downside to playing at provincially licensed and regulated online gambling sites.
- The integrity of online gaming sites licensed by the British Columbia, Manitoba and Ontario provincial governments is unlikely to be unrivaled by that of a private enterprise that operates offshore.
- Provided you’re of legal age (18+) and eligible to play online you can rest assured that if accessing and playing at PlayNow.com or PlayOLG.ca that you’ll never run into an issue when it comes to depositing or withdrawing funds.
- In addition to casino games such as slots, blackjack and other typical games you may find in land-based casinos these provincial brands also allow you to purchase lottery tickets. A big plus and convenience that allows you to purchase your lottery from home.
- Provincially licensed and regulated online gaming operations such as PlayNow.com and PlayOLG.com are burdened by bureaucracy. What this means is that they move at a snail’s pace and as such are left behind as far as innovation goes.
- One of the biggest drawbacks to playing at casinos regulated by the BCLC and OLGC is that you’re only able to access their systems when you’re physically in BC, Manitoba and Ontario.
One of the first gambling sites to launch was Gaming Club and was back 1996 a full 8 years before the first provincially licensed and regulated brand Play Now launched. Gaming Club and the brands that followed have dominated the online gaming space ever since had a first-mover advantage. Since 1996 Gaming Club and the group of brands related which include Jackpot City, Lucky Nugget and many others have helped to shape and develop the entire offshore online gaming sector into what it is today. The evolution of games, accessibility and customer experience afforded by the likes online gaming operators are unsurpassed and simply cannot be matched by provincially licensed and regulated brands. The below pros and cons look at both the benefits and drawbacks to playing at licensed and regulated offshore online casinos for Canadian players.
- The lack of bureaucracy and red tape with private organizations when compared to that of any government give offshore online gaming operators a major advantage. They can move quicker, adopt new concepts, games, policies, etc… to better and enhance their customer experience and do so without delays.
- Offshore gaming operators are able to introduce new fully tested and approved games by a variety of software providers with ease. From a player perspective this is fantastic as new games are added to the already large suite of games typically found at online casinos.
- As a Canadian player who may travel you don’t have to worry about being locked out when travelling out of your province of residence. Casinos operated offshore don’t care where you’re playing from so long as it’s not from a restricted region which are generally few and far between.
- Due to the scope of the player base that offshore operators can harness and because generally most of them including Jackpot City and Gaming Club focus on an international audience the size of the progressive jackpots available when playing with these operators can be significantly larger than those found at Play Now or Play OLG.
- Offshore providers can offer much higher payout percentages than their provincial counterparts. When playing at Jackpot City for example you can expect payouts on slots to be between 90% - 97% whereas if you play at Play Now or Play OLG you can expect a far lesser RTP (Return to Player) of anywhere between 70% and 80%.
- Some banks and credit card issuer may make it difficult for players to make deposits and withdrawals to and from offshore online gaming sites.
- There is relatively little you can do aside from complaining on various forums and message boards if you have an issue with an online casino (ie. They are reluctant to pay you). Fortunately this happens rarely if you play at a fully licensed and regulated online gaming site such as Jackpot City or Gaming Club.
Canadian who are new to online gambling and casinos on the internet may wonder what the reasons are for playing online vs. offline. Below we've outlined some of the key reasons why to consider playing online.
- Convenience - Although you may live in British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec or one of the other many provinces where land based casinos are common chances are it's not right next door. Convenience is the ultimate benefit when to comes to gambling online. A few clicks of your mouse or swipes and taps on your phone or tablet and you've got yourself an account, have it funded and are ready to start playing. There not getting dressed up, driving in the bitter cold or dealing with any of the other negative aspects of playing at land based casinos. To be clear there's nothing wrong with land based casinos but it's undeniable that playing online is far more convenient.
- Better Odds - All players want better returns, to play for longer and to have better odds of winning regardless of what games are played. When playing online your odds of winning and returns exceed that of traditional land based casinos. The reason is simple in that land based operations have far bigger overhead costs. These typically include the high cost of building the casino, the day to day running and management costs. Online gambling sites are far more nimble and require less people and costs to run which is why the operators of online casinos are typically able to provide much higher returns and better winning odds for players.
- Bonuses & Promotions - A rather unique component to online casinos is the type of bonuses and promotions that are offered to players. Where a traditional land based casino would generally reward players with room comps, free drinks and other non-monetary rewards online casinos provide players with cash/credits, free spins and similar bonuses. These bonuses online increase your bankroll so that you may enjoy playing longer. The bonus offers provided by online gambling sites differ and some are more rewarding than others. Those found here on our site are some of the better options with less restrictive wagering requirements meaning you get better value.
Popular Land Based Casinos Found in Canada
The below table provides a listing with links to popular land based found within Canada. This is a non exhaustive list as there are numerous slots only and horse racing tracks where gambling is permitted throughout the country.
|River Rock Casino|
|One of the largest land based casinos operating in BC is River Rock Casino. This resort offers accommodations, dining and a full casino offering table games, slots, live poker tables and more. They opened in 2004 and were last renovated in 2009.|
|Located in Niagara Falls Ontario the Niagara provincial casino was one of the first to open its doors back in 1996. Since that time they have gone though several expansions and remains of the largest operating land based casino in all of Canada.|
|Casino de Montreal|
|First opening their doors in 1993 this Quebec land based casino is the largest of it's kind in the province. Owned and operated by Loto-Québec they offers some 3200 slot machines and over 115 table games and a large number of speed lotteries and virtual games.|
|Established in 1998 and at the time named Casino Windsor had changed it's name to Caesars Windsor back in June 2018. This land based casino is one of the longest operating and most well established land based casinos found in Ontario and in fact all of Canada.|